How do I start a Shopify business in India?
What are the initial costs required, and how much will I earn per month on average?
If you are looking to start a Shopify business in India, you are at the right place. Shopify lets you launch a dropshipping or an e-commerce business for free, though you can choose India-specific Shopify plans such as Shopify Gold as well. This article talks about how you can start a Shopify business in India, how does it cost, and how much monthly income you can expect to earn.
How to start a Shopify business in India
Starting a Shopify business in India is simple and straightforward. Here is a step by step process to set up a Shopify store.
- Visit shopify.in, enter your email address, and click on “Start Free Trial.” Once you sign up, you will be asked whether you are “trying to sell” or “just playing around.” In the “trying to sell” section, you will also be asked whether you have your own products or not.
- Now, you will be redirected to your store admin screen, where you can customize your store, add products, and set payments and shipping.
- Shopify offers a broad range of layouts or themes, from which you can choose one that you feel suits your store.
- You can now “Edit Shopify Settings” and upload logos, slides, color schemes, fonts, etc.
- Now, click on the ‘Products’ tab and then on the ‘Add a product’ button. You will also need to set up payment gateways, transaction fees, card types, and offsite checkout.
- Get your shop “Live.”
- By default, your store will have an extension ‘.shopify.com.’ You can emove the term ‘Shopify’ by purchasing a domain; however, it is optional.
- If you have an already booming business, check out Shopify Gold to get more powerful features.
Bingo, your Shopify Store is ready to attract customers and make sales.
Costs required to start a Shopify store
There is no specific cost to set up a Shopify store. You can either start with $0 or spend upto $2,000 per month, depending upon your budget and requirements. If you purchase a domain, it will cost you anywhere between $10-$100. If you want to subscribe to Shopify Gold, you will need to either pay $100 per month or 0.4 percent of your monthly sales (whichever is higher).
You can also purchase Shopify products such as extensions and themes to customize your store. These products can cost anywhere between $5-500. If you want your store to be more professional, unique, and powerful, you can also hire Shopify Experts to develop and launch your store, which can cost you around $500. Lastly, you can invest as much money as you want in paid advertising. Therefore, there are no fixed costs to start a Shopify store, and you can spend as per your budget.
How much can you earn monthly?
The average ROI of a dropshipping store is 25 percent. Thus, if you invest $1,000 per month in your Shopify store, you can expect profits up to $250. However, it depends a lot on what kind of products you are selling. If you have a general store, the ROI can be even less, and if you have a niche store that has brand appeal and hot products, you can expect an ROI upto 34%.
Since it is not a job, you cannot pick a monthly estimate. The more traffic you get to your store and the more sales you make, the more money you will earn. Thus, stay motivated and keep working and growing your store. Also, make sure you invest in Shopify Gold and hire experts to get a competitive edge over others.